A Ethiopia Photo Tour with expert Harry Fisch: the Vanishing tribes of the South and North Lalibel
An extraordinary 9 day Photo Tour to Ethiopia, where we will photograph the little known vanishing tribes of Southern Ethiopia, and bear witness to the ceremonies of the sacred world heritage site of Lalibela.
This Photo Expedition takes you through the heart and soul of Southern Ethiopia, searching for the best and most incredible photographic opportunities. We will get the chance to get in some spontaneous photo sessions, as well as some which are structured in advance, and of course time to create a narrative of the day to day lives of these tribes. We will experience breathtaking scenarios in the national parks and see the indescribable; Africa at its purest.
The sacred site of Lalibela boasts eleven churches carved into the ground, and stand inside a hollowed out spot as one single stone unit. The chiseled pillars and doorways rise up from the mountain itself and are impressive in their make, considering the tools their builders had to work with at the time of their construction.
• Small groups of only 10 maximum participants, guided in areas which have until now hardly been photographed, and group accompaniment by an internationally acclaimed photographer with great knowledge of the region.
• Travel in private 4x4s with a max of 3 travelers per car + driver
• Enjoy private photo sesión with the Konsos, Banna, and Ari tribes, and get a myriad of great and unique photo opportunities, both spontaneous and structured.
• Get a private photo sesión with the Hammer and Mursi tribe with their interesting hairstyles, as wild for the men as for the women, the women’s body decorations and tattoos and the scar art on the men.
• In the Mursi territory, one of the most fascinating points of this trip, have a photo session in one of their hamlets. They are famous for the women’s style of wearing acryllic discs in their lower lips, as well as their air of dignity and ferociousness.
• Visit with and document the Karo tribe, situated on the Omo river, in a strategic location where the river makes a great curve through the lush valley.
• Photograph the remote tribes of the Southern river valley.
• Visit and capture the biblical atmosphere of Lalibela on an optional extension